Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Just because I don’t celebrate my own doesn’t mean I’m a cold-hearted bastard

While dropping my car off at the dealer this morning, I listened to Morning Edition on KCRW. Steve Inskeep was kind of enough to inform his listeners that today, September 29th, was the birthday of British actress Emily Lloyd. While I am a fan of Ms. Lloyd (blonde hair, blue eyes, great accent, quite attractive, wonderful in “A River Runs Through It” --what’s not to like?), I couldn’t believe that there was no one above her on the September 29th birthday pyramid.*

Well, NPR fucked up. There is someone who truly merits birthday wishes today. So, “Happy 29th on the 29th” and all that jazz. And thanks for the hours of wonderful distraction you have provided over the last several months.

And I would be truly remiss if I didn't wish Lily a very happy 8th birthday. Your Auntie ET is a fucking rock star.



*At least NPR chose her over Tom Sizemore, Andrew Dice Clay, Erika Eleniak and, no offense to my brother, Natasha Gregson Wagner. Anita Ekberg would have been a suitable replacement, however.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?