Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Friday, September 10, 2004

Excuse me, but who the fuck do you think you are?

From IMDb:
Hollywood actor Billy Crudup is keen to remain an enigma off screen - and has little interest in becoming a target for journalists. The Stage Beauty star, 36, believes the best actors are those who manage to keep their private lives out of the media glare - because it makes their screen performance more credible.

Crudup says, "I want everything I'm in to be wildly successful, but I don't think that means I want everybody to know anything about me. The entire Hollywood publicity machine was built on 'whatever it takes to get our people out there' but, for me, I've had incredible opportunities to be able to play the roles I want to play, and make a living, so why do I need to pursue that? I'm not sure what it serves. I mean, what do you know about Robert DeNiro? The best actors are the actors we don't know anything about. If people know lots about me, then it becomes difficult for me to do my job of telling people I am someone else."
This from a man who dumped his 8-month pregnant girlfriend in favor of the woman with whom he had been cheating for at least a year. Yeah, Billy, that's exactly right -- the more that people know that you're an utter piece of shit in real life, the harder it is for them to not see you as the asshole you truly are when you're on screen.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?