Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Damn. I kinda was hoping to get fired.

Today I learned that absence does, indeed, make the heart grow fonder. Prior to this morning's glorious reunion in his office, I had not seen my boss in 20 days. Not a word was mentioned of either the short notice preceding or length of my absence. In fact, we had a remarkably unusual non-superficial chat about my trip, the wedding, Republicans, his health, and our respective cars. All the exhausted angst foreshadowing my return to the office was truly for naught.

And not only was I welcomed back with reasonably open arms, but there were seven individual birthday cards waiting for me in my mailbox and a "happy b-day" voicemail from the (marginally scary) 22 year-old. In fact, all of this unprecedented affection almost makes up for the disappointment I felt upon not getting any goodbye lovin' prior to last night's flight out of New York. I guess I'll just have to wait until my vacation days are replenished on January 1, 2005.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?