Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Friday, August 13, 2004

Masochism

I own well over 3,000 CDs, yet I insist on listening to KCRW’s pledge drive ad nauseam--to the point where I am hearing “dial 1-800-600-KCRW” in my sleep. Although station General Manager/Program Director Ruth Seymour’s voice is, at best, grating (not to mention her incredibly spasmodic delivery of prepared text), I am so captivated by her appeals for my money that I am overpowered when I attempt to either change the station or play a CD.

If I weren’t already one of Ruth’s beloved Angels, my coffers would certainly be hers for the taking.

As my friends, I implore you to subscribe to KCRW today and help restore some semblance of my day-to-day sanity.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?