Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Friday, August 13, 2004

Baron de Coubertin’s baby

As my friends and family all know, I am a huge Olympics junkie. Every two years I plant myself in front of the television (admittedly not that different from non-Olympics periods of time) and watch as much coverage as possible. Yes, I actually purchased NBC’s Olympic Triple Cast (remember, the Red, White & Blue networks?) back in 1992 and watched much of the 2000 Sydney games live in the middle of the night, rather than wait for the primetime tape-delayed coverage almost 14 hours later.

Since my “new” company is providing over 1200 hours of 24/7 coverage on “our” seven networks (an average of over 70 hours per day), I’m pretty stoked. I’ve already checked out some of the stills from the opening ceremony (no spoilers, however the centaur lighting the rings looks damn cool) and truly can’t wait to watch tonight’s coverage in glorious high definition. To top it all off, Iraq’s 4-2 upset victory over Euro-cup finalist Portugal bodes well for those of us who thrive on the human interest stories that define and highlight each Olympics.

Go here for the most comprehensive coverage of the XXVIII Olympiad, including schedules, results and television listings. Go here for the official website of the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games.

One quick question: Can someone please explain why ROOTS, a Canadian company, is once again outfitting the U.S. team (as well as the teams from Great Britain, Canada and Barbados)?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?