Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Quickies (no wet spot here)

----sac is apparently very tall and is channeling a reclusive New England author. I always figured him for a Stradlater clone.

----Please support this effort at RNC counter-programming. I’ll be the one in NYC that week seeking an anecdote to top my father’s tear-gassing at the ’68 DNC. (Ironically, my stepfather was a not-so-effective member of the Illinois National Guard that was doing the gassing.)

----Tonight’s the U.S. Premiere of “Before Sunset” at the LA Film Fest. Although the film is probably a bit too intimate for the Cinerama Dome, I’m excited to see what Linklater, Delpy and Hawke have done with the characters. Full report tomorrow.

----Larry McMurtry waxes elegantly on Clinton’s “My Life” in the Times: “And somehow, vaguely, it all has to do with sex - not necessarily sex performed, just sex in the world's head. I doubt myself that Bill Clinton's sex life has been all that different from anybody else's: pastures of plenty, pastures of less than plenty, pastures he should get out of immediately, and not a few acres of scorched earth.”




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?