Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Quickie

I'm about to head out for the evening to do myself some unspeakable harms, however I wanted to quickly highlight two remarkable achievements from earlier today:

1. Smarty Jones

The very moment that this amazing horse broke clean out of the seventh gate at Pilmlico, I turned to the Roomie and announced that the race was over. Smarty knew it, too. I have never seen a more effortless victory in any Triple Crown race.

Secretariat won the Triple Crown just prior to my birth. Now I have my own Secretariat. And he will win the Belmont. Easily.

'Smarty' Wins Preakness By Record 11.5 Lengths

2. Arsenal

Although I have not watched a single Premier League match this season, the first undefeated campaign in 115 years is certainly impressive and worth noting. I'm sure my stepbrother (who gets paid to watch soccer) and my buddy Morgan (who loves Arsenal for some inexplicable reason) are pretty excited. At least I know of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and Dennis Bergkamp from the World Cup and EA Sports' FIFA series. So cheers, guys. Good show.

Immortal Arsenal



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?