Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

His fingering makes all the girls cry
[Chicago cultural edition]

Lang Lang made an appearance at the big Michigan Avenue Borders yesterday to promote his outstanding "Live at Carnegie Hall" CD. Although I missed the signing, I nevertheless picked up a copy of the disc.

Incredible. Outstanding. Sublime. The kid is only 21 and a master. I played piano for 13+ years and can't begin to comprehend his genius. (I know, I know -- the only things I can still play by heart are Für Elise and the theme from "The Greatest American Hero", but I know talent when I hear it.) If the only two classical albums you own are the soundtracks to "Amadeus" and "Shine", you must must must do yourself a favor and buy this CD. (You'll love it & it'll get you laid.)

[And if you don't enjoy it, Krucoff will send you a refund.]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?