Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

And I thought my love for her was only due to “Secretary”



Gentlemen Prefer Maggie [New York Times]

''I'm so glad I went to school,'' said Gyllenhaal, a graduate of Columbia, where her studies concentrated on English literature, religion and philosophy. Having this base, she explained, allows for her ''inner life'' to grow in a profession that values mostly the exterior qualities of fame. ''You're invited to tons of parties, and you'll wear all these shoes and that dress, and it can be enticing, but I think it also sucks you dry. If you do it a little, sure, it's fun, but too much and you will start to lose your footing.''

''Oh, I like clothes,'' Maggie offered, zeroing in on that wallet. ''I have a lot of clothes,'' she said. ''As long as you think about other things too, then clothes are great. As a matter of fact,'' she added, and I could almost hear her smile, ''I've been having a fantasy lately of playing a superfox. A character who lounges around in her bikini and high heels all day.''





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?