Incidental Acts of Spontaneous Cerebral Violence

Monday, March 29, 2004

A bookstore's best friend

Barnes & Noble, Borders, Brentano's, et al. all see significant spikes in their respective stock prices every time I get a crush on a girl. If she casually mentions a book in the course of conversation -BOOM- www.amazon.com.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. I have initially read books by Vonnegut, Trollope, Wolfe, Woolf, Joyce, Fielding (???), Jong (ugh), Bourdain, Miller, Nin, Kerouac, de Sade, Hemingway, Smith, Tolstoy, Lawrence, Eco, Kafka, Powell and Nabokov (among many many others) because I got sweet on a girl. Of course, the books remain firmly in my grasp, while most of the women have faded into the vapors of memory.

By the way, I bought a copy of this the other day.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?